Friday 25 October 2013

Hamburger maison XXL @ Le Bistrot Gourmand

Hello burger lovers,

For quite some time "Le Bistrot Gourmand " was on my list to be rated. I've been here several times and I always found the restaurant very pleasant with it's french menu. The restaurant has been mentioned  in the Gault Millau restaurant guide and has earned a fork in 2012's Guide Michelin. Otherwise the restaurant is known for it's huge wine selection. 
Since the weather was fine and the sun was shining I and my family reserved a nice spot on their lovely terrace. This time I've ordered their only burger on the menu, the hamburger maison xxl with a side salad, coleslaw and fries for 15.50€.

Evaluation:

After a rather long wait I've got my burger. I found it confusing to be the last served, since I was the only one ordering a medium rare. When I took a better look at the burger I've seen the reason. They simply forgot my burger in the kitchen. The cheese was totally stiff and cold and had strangely "hardened". I sent the burger back, I guess there is a first time for everything. Without a word of excuse I had lunch alone 15 minutes later, as my companions were already done eating 

The burger itself was huge. The beef was cooked a bit too long for my gusto, not the way I ordered it. It also lacked a bit of seasoning, it was nearly flavorless. This time the cheese was nicely melt and had a good taste. The buns were a catastrophe, which I actually don't tolerate in a gourmet restaurant. The home made cocktail sauce was tasty and the home made fries were good too, but I don't agree whit the people saying these were the best ones they have ever eaten. The vegetables were fresh, which is no surprise in such a restaurant. 

Overall I found the burger to be too packed. Taste wise I didn't find it exceptional, it was quite okay but I thought it lacked a bit of taste. I've had high hopes and I was disappointed in the end. I can still recommend this restaurant, but personally I wouldn't go with the burger again.   

The weighted score is 6.47





/k



Le Bistrot Gourmand

77 Wäistrooss 
5440 Remerschen (Remerschen) 

Tel.: 26 66 57 93

1 comment: