Wednesday 23 October 2013

Cheeseburger maison @ Restaurant E'slecker Stuff "Beim Hunn"

Hello burger lovers,

It's been too long since my last review. This one is about a restaurant called "beim Hunn" in the north of the country, in Wahlhausen. I would say it's a long trip from everywhere you live, but the journey might be worth it.

The restaurant specialized in meat dishes, welcomes you with an open char-grill which you have to pass to get to your table. Oh what a wonderful smell and I really would have preferred a steak instead of a burger. Their menu is huge, the restaurant offers everything from pizza to spare ribs (I've heard they are great). But since I am on a mission I decided to order the cheeseburger maison. For 15,50€ you will get a 200gr beef burger with a side salad and home made fries.

Evaluation:

After a short wait, I got my burger. It wasn't love at first sight since the buns were disappointing, but I've been told and shown that they work on better ones. The beef was just great. Excellently seasoned, and grilled to perfection. The cheese was nicely melt and the vegetables were fresh. The side sauces were quite disappointing since I've been expecting home made ones. That would have been better to dip in the excellent home made fries. 

Overall the burger was really good. Due to the quality ingredients and the size (I was more than full in the end) I did not regret to have taken the burger instead of the steak. (Okay that was a lie, I am craving a steak!)

The weighted score of this burger is a nice 7.40


Please make sure to book your table in advance if you plan to go on a weekend. The restaurant was simply packed! But if you're in the area, just make a stop, they might squeeze you in.

/k

Restaurant E'slecker Stuff "Beim Hunn"

37 Am Duerf 
9841 Wahlhausen (Wuelessen)

Tel.: 92 16 21 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment