Monday 11 March 2013

Double Cheeseburger @ Upton Park

Hello burger lovers,

Actually I wanted to try Urban Belval, since I've never done the comparison between Urban City and Urban Belval, but on concert nights (Rockhal: Two Door Cinema Club) the bar is simply too busy, which will obviously impact the quality of the food or at least the preparation. But no worries Urban Belval: You can't escape my ratings forever ;)

Just next to Urban, inside the Belval Plaza, I spotted a different burger place. It's called Upton Park, supposingly named after a London area which is a synonym for the well known home ground of the football team West Ham United. Anyway this sounded nice to me and I decided to try it right away. I was a bit surprised that nobody ever suggested this place to me, maybe Belval Plaza is even less visited than I thought.

The restaurant looked nice. It had a modern interior, with orange plastic chairs and dark tables. Unfortunately we were sitting just next to the open front door, I realized too late that there were also chairs and tables outside, hence the traffic in my back.

Among a a wide offer of different burgers, I decided to order a Double Cheeseburger with bacon and fries for 10 €.

Evaluation:

The first bummer was when the waitress asked me if I wanted Andalouse, Ketchup, Mayonaise or Barbecue sauce on my burger. I knew right away that nothing was homemade, that's why I chose a combo of Mayonaise and Ketchup. Luckily I didn't choose the Bbq sauce, which I had the pleasure of tasting afterwards... just don't ever try it.

The presentation of the burger was a bit disappointing. Too many fries were just smashed on the plate, and the burger had the cheap soft sweet buns. The cheese wasn't even melted and you could see which cheese they used, I could even tell you the brand and the price.

Tastewise I wasn't surprised. The buns were just sweet, the tomato and lettuce had nearly no taste (too watery) and the bacon wasn't crisp at all. The fries were too big, cold and slobby. There was no salt on them and they weren't tasty. I think I just ate 3 or 4 of them. The beef was my personal nightmare. It had a terrible taste, (of course I had to order a double one), and I could barely eat it. I am doubting the freshness of the meat, but even when frozen, I cannot explain this taste. 

This was the worst burger I had in my entire quest. I felt disgusted by the people on the table next to me who seemed to enjoy the burger. 

The weighted rating is 3.77



/k


Upton Park
Centre Belval Plaza
7, Avenue Rock and Roll
4361 Esch-s-Alzette
Tlé.: 26 57 33 55

1 comment:

  1. Hi, its called Upton Park because it is owned by Sebastian Schemmel, I believe.

    ReplyDelete