Wednesday 8 August 2012

New Yorker @ Lou's Diner


 Hello burger lovers,

After a first exciting experience at Lou's Diner, I was heading back to Consdorf to try more burgers. As you might remember, I've recently tried Big Lou's which is currently rated number one in my quest. Click here to see that review. This time I tried the New Yorker. For only 5 € you get a burger with cheese, lettuce, a slice of tomato, bacon, an egg and sautéed onions (which I had removed).

Evaluation:

The burger was very well made. The buns, as I already stated in my previous review, are just great. The cheese was again nicely melt, and the vegs were fresh. The additional egg on top made this burger in my opinion special. The Thousand Island sauce which comes with this burger is really light and tasty and makes the burger so different from others I ate. Like Big Lou's, the New Yorker is not a huge burger, but as you have a lot of quality ingredients on top, it makes you full wihout giving you the impression that you ate too much. You have a slightly smaller and different beef patty than on Big Lou's burger. I have to admit that I prefer the Angus beef, as it has a more intense taste. As I didn't like the fries that much during my first visit, I opted for the homemade! Chicken Nuggets. I cannot rate them as a replacement for fries, but please try them out, and grab the opportunity to taste several of Lou's homemade sauces.

Steve, the owner of Lou's Diner really puts a lot of time and effort in his burgers. He's always adjusting his ingredients and asking the customer for his opinion. I really like this kind of dedication. But it's a pity that Lou's Diner doesn't have an internet homepage. 

Burgers like this make a rating very easy. Fresh ingredients, great taste and a nice price. The weighted rating for Lou's New Yorker is 7.45

If you like burgers and live in Luxembourg, you must go to Lou's Diner.





/k

Lou's Diner
33, rue Burgkapp (Camping La Pinède)
6211 Consdorf
Tél.: 26 78 41 38

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this gem! I finally got to try it and it is incredibly good! Just the bread could be better but after a few bites, it's forgotten. The fries are awesome too! The price just cannot be beat! Only cavet, is that it's a bit far...

    ReplyDelete