Sunday 12 August 2012

Jalapeño Burger @ Little Britain

Hello burger lovers,

Today's review is about Little Britain's Tea Room. This joint is located in Capellen, Western Luxembourg, included in a British store. I've never been to this shop before and was quite impressed by the range of British products they sell. It might be a bit more expensive than our local stores, but you get a whole range of products you don't usually find here. As I mentioned, the Tea Room is located in the store itself (next to the book shop), and they serve a wide range of typical British dishes. If you like desserts, go try their carrot cake. Anyway, I was there to rate their burgers, and it wasn't easy to choose from their menu (actually they didn't have a menu on their tables, only written on a blackboard somewhere on a wall and with no further details), they had about 20 burgers on it. I chose the Jalapeño Burger for 10.95€ with fries. 

Evaluation:

The Jalapeño Burger came after a short wait, and it was big. From what I saw on my neighbours' plates, the burgers seem all to be huge. My burger was topped with cream cheese, jalapeños, onions, lettuce and a slice of tomato. The buns were different from all those I have seen before. They were soft, but toasted, and had a very sweet taste which I honestly didn't like much. Plus they were drenched in some kind of chutney I didn't appreciate. The cream cheese with jalapeños was a weird combination, but had a great taste. It was very rich, and I had troubles finishing my burger. I got my meat-patty medium rare, just the way I ordered it. It had a good taste, seemed fresh and was awfully big, it must have been around 300gr. There are no complaints about the freshness of the vegs, at least not for my burger. The avocados on my girlfriend's burger were brown! I know that avocados turn a bit grey when they stay in the open for a bit, but these avocados were simply rotten. I really hope that this was a one time accident in the kitchen.  If I had to rate that burger it would have been an insufficient valuation.

The fries were crisp and tasty but a bit to big in my opinion. 

Due to the avocado incident I don't really know if can recommend Little Britain. I've heard some good critics before, and my burger was good aswell. I will definitely return to try some different burgers, and also check on their freshness. My Jalapeño Burger has a weighted average of  6.91





/k

Little Britain
1C, Route d'Arlon
Capellen
Tél.: 26310856

2 comments:

  1. Young Avocado Trees have fruit which can me browm, nothing to worry about, in addition when avocados are cut open they change color. especially when somebody puts lemon juice on them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. I am well aware of that fact, I quote myself: "I know that avocados turn a bit grey when they stay in the open for a bit, but these avocados were simply rotten."

    ReplyDelete