Monday 30 January 2012

Mega Burger @ Brasserie Curé, BBT chaud Concept

Hello burger lovers,

I am back with a brand new review. This time me and my buddy J. went to the Brasserie Curé, BBT chaud Concept in the city centre. BBT has now 5 restaurants in Luxembourg, mainly in the south. Their slogan: Le concept qui monte, qui monte, qui... the concept that rises, that rises...

As we walked in the Brasserie, we were greeted by their friendly staff who seemed to be familiar with my burger rating project, awkward moment...

Anyway, we ordered the Mega Burger, obviously their top notch burger on the menu. For 11,50€ you'll get a triple layer burger with cheese, homemade sauce and additional fries. There were other burgers on the menu too.

Evaluation:

We got our burgers quite fast, which is good but normal in this case since the place was nearly empty. Optically the burger was a sheer disappointment. It didn't look like a burger. The top bun was replaced by an egg sunny side up, the fries and salad were on the same plate which did not leave a good impression. The bun was more a Kebab bread than a bun. It was defrosted bread, I could see the white spots from freezer burn. In addition to the very bad bread, the meat was horrible as well. I honestly have no idea what meat they were using, a huge let down. It had a bad taste and was dry as hell, it didn't seem to be fresh. The taste and freshness of the lettuce and tomato, and the fries (thin and crisp) were the only things that saved this burger from getting the lowest possible rating. The cheese and homemade sauce had no particular taste to remember.

I can’t tell you how disappointing it is to have a bad burger and this was one of those experiences. I will not recommend BBT chaud and will not go back there again. This is yet another favorite place of some of my readers which failed my test.

4.76 is the weighted rating



/k


Brasserie Curé & BBT chaud
3, rue du Curé
1368 Luxembourg-Centre
Tel: 20 40 90 90

1 comment: