Saturday 2 May 2015

Jan's burger evening at Aero-Sport

Hello burger lovers,

Several months ago, during one of my burger tastings I organized at Restaurant Koeppchen, I met Jan, a fellow food blogger (www.what2how2.com). We talked a lot that evening, mainly about burgers and he happened to invite me to his burger evening at Aero-Sport. An invitation I gladly accepted.





The event

Saturday 7 p.m. sharp I passed the brief security check at Aero-Sport's main entrance and was let in by Jos, one of the instructors at Aero-Sport.

After entering the halls of Aero-Sport, we met Jan, who was already busy organising his crew and shaking hands with everybody. Anne, Jan's wife, brought us drinks and explained the hole background of this burger evening.

After a short wait, Jan started preparing his burgers. He bought Entrecôte and minced it himself, he also prepared a home made salsa and Anne was cutting potatoes all day to be able to serve fresh fries. On top of that he baked three kinds of burger buns, unbelievable.

The burgers

We were served three kinds of burgers, a classic hamburger, a cheeseburger and a spicy burger. They came in a smaller size, otherwise it would not have been possible to eat three of them.

All three burgers were great. Jan used ketchup and mustard, a good choice in my opinion as it reminded me of a real vintage burger. He added fried onions, lettuce, a slice of tomato and a pickle (I skipped the raw onions) as toppings. The spicy burger was topped by his delicious salsa (which was quite hot actually) and jalapeños.

After the burger feast, we talked for a while, and Jan and Anne put some new travel destinations in my head. Both of them love to travel and they shared some nice stories about the nordic countries. Now I really want to leave for Stockholm or Copenhagen.

The aftermath

All in all, it was a great evening with lovely people and fantastic food. I want to thank Jan and Anne for introducing us to the people of Aero-Sport. I am looking forward to that promised flight. Greetings to Jesper too, who took the time to clarify the differences between Luxembourgish and Danish beer. Cheers!

Klot









N.B. I want to use the opportunity to promote Aero-Sport's Open House on May 2nd and 3rd. You'll find more info under www.aerosport.lu

1 comment: