Friday 20 July 2012

Cheeseburger @ Mr Dixon

Hello burger lovers,

A friend recommended Mr Dixon to me. He tried it recently and was quite satisfied. It's located just opposite of the City Baths. As the weather was fine, which seems to be a rare occaison this summer, I decided to take the lunch on their terrace. The friendly waiter showed me through the menu, which exclusively consisted of burgers (big like). I decided to try their cheeseburger for 10 €, and if i liked it, to come back an other day  and try something more fancy, like the California Burger (with guacamole and bacon).   

Evaluation:

When the burger arrived, it was hard for me to hide my disappointment. On first sight I saw the mellow buns (the more I eat them, the more I hate them) and the square melting cheese. So far I didn't see a big input from their side. 
The burger seemed very small to me, there was almost no lettuce on it, aswell as only one single slice of tomato. The absence of a burger sauce made the whole thing very dry, which forced me to order some extra ketchup. On the plus side I have to admit that I liked their onions. I am usually not an onion fan, but at Mr Dixon they had a nice taste. The highlight of the burger was their meat patty. It was quite small, but had a nice taste. I assume it was a mixture of beef and pork meat, which I like, as it is not as dry as 100 percent beef. The meat was fresh and nicely cooked. 
The fries weren't home made but were far from being bad. They came in a paper wrap, which I found quite nice.  

My friends might be right when they say that I am spoiled. I know exactly what I am looking for when I order a burger. Sorry Mr Dixon but you are very far from being the best burger. I would even say that I was angry while eating this burger. So much wasted potential! I really don't know why they use the cheap buns or cheese, when there is so much quality out there. I usually find 10 € not expensive for a burger with fries, but in this case I find it way too expensive.

But then again, this is only my own opinion. 5.86








/k


Mr Dixon
5, place des Bains
1212 Luxembourg
Tél.: didn't find one

No comments:

Post a Comment