Sunday 2 December 2012

Hambourgeois de boeuf @ Boulangerie Paul

Hello burger lovers,

There is a new bakery in town. The well known French bakery Paul has opened its doors in the centre of Luxembourg and offers, besides the usual pastries, several lunch dishes. For 10,60€ you can have their beef hamburger (150gr) with salad and fries.For 0.50€ I added some raclette cheese topping.

Evaluation:

After a short wait, my colleagues and I received our burgers. The buns looked lovely, faluche bread which tasted really good. These were maybe the best buns in my whole quest! The big fries, or rather wedges, were well seasoned, and seemed to be made of good potatoes. The problem was that they were served cold. That's a no-go! The beef itself was dry, even though I had made sure to order it medium rare, but again I've received a well done burger... The dry beef did not have much taste, it seemed as if they didn't season it at all. On top of the burger were lettuce, pickles and a slice of tomato, everthing fairly fresh, no complaints here. The burger sauce was a sauce bernaise, which I usually like (on my steak) but this one wasn't very good. It was very watery, dripping from my burger, and had not much taste.

So where does that leave us? I would say a tasteless burger in very good buns! Dear Paul, my weighted rating is 5.75




/k

Boulangerie Paul
3, Avenue Monterey
2163 Luxembourg (Place d'Armes)
Tél.: 26 20 05 96

1 comment:

  1. Dear Klot,

    As responsible person of Boulangerie PAUL in Luxembourg, I just come to read your article about our “Hambourgeois de Boeuf”.
    I first want to thank you for this objective article, it’s sometime good to receive constructible critics.
    It’s true that in December 2012, just 3 monthes after our opening, our kitchen was not completely ready, that’s why we had some problems with different products.
    Today, I think that with the help of customers like you, we managed to increase our process and we are now able to serve one of the very best hambourgeois of the country.
    I invite you to try one more time and this time, I hope you will find many reasons to comeback.

    Have a good day,

    Christophe GAVAZZI
    Directeur Opérationnel - Luxembourg



    ReplyDelete