Thursday 4 October 2012

Alfa Hamburger @ Alfa Brasserie (Mercure Grand Hotel Alfa)

Hello burger lovers,

after a first good experience at Hotel Legère, I felt obligated to try a second hotel restaurant. The Alfa Hotel, with it's own Alfa Brasserie, is just located opposite Luxembourg's railway station. As I walk by nearly every day, I knew they serve a hamburger on their menu. With 17€ it's quite pricey, hence I expect something really good. I was quite impressed by the size of the dining room while entering the hotel, I didn't expect it to be that enormous from the outside. On the other hand I didn't like their lighting at all, a very unpleasant twilight.

Evaluation:

After an appropriate wait, I got my burger. I was relieved when I caught sight of the buns, they didn't serve the soft fluffy ones. Little did I know that these buns were the exact opposite. The burger was served on a loveless plate, the fries were in a paper cone and as a side we had little bowl of their sauce called alfa, which I could only define as a mix of a cocktail-sauce with mustard. My colleagues and I didn't like the sauce. The fries were not that bad while still warm, but once they had cooled off, they weren't edible anymore and became as stony as the buns. The only toppings of the burger were a slice of tomato and a fried egg. I didn't think that this was anything spectacular. The meat was fresh, and the outside had a very nice grill taste. I was very satisfied with their cooking, I ordered it medium rare, and that's the way I got it. Nevertheless, the meat wasn't seasoned, ergo it had not much flavour. 

All in all I was disapointed. At 17€ it should have been better. The burger was okay, but I wouldn't go back for it. The price wasn't justified. I admit that the restaurant was nice, but on the other hand it was far from being fancy.

My rating for the Alfa Burger is 5.47




/k


Alfa Brasserie (Grand Hotel Mercure Alfa) 
16, place de la Gare, Luxembourg City
1616 Luxembourg
Tél.: 49 00 11

1 comment:

  1. I would love to try the Alfa Brasserie one day. I wouldn't order a burger though...

    ReplyDelete