Friday 11 May 2012

Diablo Burger @ Café Belair

Hello burger lovers,

recently I visited Café Belair. Many people recommended this place, so yet again my hopes were up. Café Belair is a local Brasserie that offers a huge range of different burgers. They are also known for their variety of wines and beers. I didn't know the place until recently, but added it to my map. This time I ordered the Diablo Burger,  250gr of meat for 16.50€.

Evaluation:

When the burger arrived I was surprised how big it was. The meat and buns looked tasty and I couldn't wait to bury it in my mouth. The meat was so fresh and had a fabulous taste. The cooking was perfect. The buns were very tasty, a round shaped ciabatta bread which didn't fall apart due to the moisture, in my opinion still the best solution. I was a bit disappointed by the toppings though. The cheddar cheese was the regular one that you can buy at your local store, and there were no slices of tomato nor lettuce on the burger, which made the whole thing a bit dry. The hot sauce was quite spicy, but I wouldn't call it was hot, I didn't really like the taste of it. The chorizo which was on top of the meat did not add a plus to the burger in my opinion. The fries were home made, that's a plus, the fact that they were too crispy wasn't good, and I didn't eat them all.

The quality and the taste of the burger were good. It was pricey, maybe a bit too expensive for a burger. I've had some minor disappointments though. Maybe I've just chosen the wrong burger. Next time I will try a regular cheeseburger. I will keep you posted.

the weighted rating for the Diablo Burger is 7.44

/k

Café Belair
99 val Ste Croix
1371 Luxembourg

Tél.:26 38 37 61

3 comments:

  1. next time try the biggest burger with orval's monk cheese.

    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2947044392700&set=a.1165007842900.2026058.1158997721&type=3&theater

    Bastien

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks. maybe i'll have that one the next time

    ReplyDelete