Tuesday 14 February 2012

Mamas Burger @ Mama Loves You

Hello burger lovers,

after the closing down of the Hollerich icon Congo, Mama Loves You took over. I loved the burgers at Congo, but heard loads of good things about Mama Loves You as well. My hopes were up again, considering several friends of mine declared their burger as the best in Luxembourg. The interior of the establishment is refurbished, nothing reminds you of the former restaurant and it's brighter as well. While waiting you can observe the chefs preparing your meal in their open kitchen, a good sign. During lunchtime, the restaurant was packed, consider to book a table in advance if you want to pay them a visit.

After a very warm welcome, I ordered Mamas Burger with 280 gr of luxembourgish beef for 15,40€.

Evaluation:

After a short wait, my burger arrived. It looked really nice, the way a burger should look. The fries came in an extra bowl. We were offered different sauces for the fries as a side. I chose their homemade cocktail sauce, which was delicious. Their fries were the best I had in a long time, and undoubtedly the best in my burger quest until now. The homemade fries had some spices on top, in combination with their cocktail sauce... heaven!
The burger itself looked tasty, the buns were made of real white bread in a round shape, not the fluffy soft bread I'm used to (getting used to something doesn't mean you necessarily like it). The meat was fresh, it looked like the meat I use at home for my burgers (which are of course the best). But I was irritated, it had an awkward taste. I wasn't sure whether it was the seasoning or if the meat was slightly burned a bit. I mean it was far from being disgusting, but I found that part a bit disappointing. Apart from that, the burger was really tasty. The cheese was nicely melted, the vegetables were fresh and even the bacon was good (not too crisp, not too sloppy).

I was surprised by this burger. I am sure it would have been my actual number one, if there wouldn't have been that "meat incident". If it stays in my top 5, the restaurant will get a second chance, as I will try the 5 best burgers again.

7.64 is the weighted rating




/k

Mama Loves You
42-44 Rue de Hollerich
1740 Luxembourg-Hollerich
Tel.: 48 28 95

No comments:

Post a Comment